Monday, July 30, 2007

Where I found Simon...

I had been looking for an extra dog, one that would fit our family. Some of you may remember Skateboard, a puppy we fostered in Ames (I've heard he's doing well and is VERY big!). From that experience, I learned that we needed dog that was (much) more calm. So I was very selective in my search.

I discovered Simon at the local animal shelter, where they called him "Jet" because of his speed. Oops... looks like his petfinder ad has been removed.

Jet - ADOPTED - Basset Hound,Black Labrador Retriever - Petfinder.com PetNotes

A picture of us appeared in today's Athen's News. You can read the story about the local shelter online. Only the print version shows our picture, however:

The Athens NEWS: Athens' Only Locally Owned Newspaper

Just for fun, you might want to read about the riot yesterday in Athens. It was started by the local anarchists. When the police came & asked them to leave, they willingly complied.

Melee breaks out uptown at end of anarchist confab

No comments: